Send a Push-Notification by pushsafer.com out of Control4 to iOS, Android and Windows 10 devices
The Chowmain Pushsafer driver for Control4 integrates the Pushsafer real time notification service into the Control4 home automation system. This provides near instantaneous notifications to your Windows 10, iOS or Android based devices with information about your Control4 enabled home.
This driver does not require a 4sight subscription service!
This driver will only work on Control4 OS 2.6 and above.
This driver can be used for several different scenarios. Some examples are as below but the limit is really your imagination.
- Send a photo from the front porch camera when someone presses the doorbell.
- Warning the owner upon water or gas leak detection
- Notifying the owner upon door bell press (and send a photo if they have a camera)
- Notifying the owner upon security system alarm
- Notifying the owner when the garage door has been left open
- Reminding the owner of special events
- Advising the owner of the currenttemperature and power consumption/generation.
- Advise aowner when they have left the oven on
- Advising an owner of when a security system is armed or disarmed and by whom.
- Advising an owner on potential electrical faults when low or high consumption detected.
- Notify the owner when a battery is low on zigbee wireless devices.
- As a dealer notify yourself and/or selected techs when your clients system reboots.
- Ability to send a message with the following parameters.
- Device - your users device name to send the message directly to that device, rather than all of the users devices
- Title - your messages title, otherwise your apps name is used
- Message - This is the message to be sent out from Control4
- Sound - the name of one of the sounds supported by device clients to override the users default sound choice. Note values in brackets applies to Windows 10 (UWP)
- Vibration - Level of vibration
- Icon - Choose from upto 98 different icons to display in the app.
- URL - a URL to show with your message. Note other apps can be open through push notifications by using URL schemes.
- URL TITLE - a title for your URL, otherwise just the URL is shown
- Time to Live - The amount of time in minutes after which the message automatically gets purged.
- Picture URL - URL of IP camera or other image to upload and send with push notification. (note supports Basic Authentication by typing in the username and password in the URL eg http://user:firstname.lastname@example.org/snapshot.cgi)
- Ability to insert Control4 variables into the message, title, url or url title.
- Ability to upload a local camera snapshot directly to the push notification (no 3rd party service required).
- Ability to see the last sent message via the properties page in Composer Pro.
- Ability to send Group Notifications to multiple users.
- Feedback (via properties page)
For more information about replacing values (title, message, icon, icon color, sound, vibration) in your push notification, check out our API description!