Notification volume and Location Tracking

Pushsafer make it easy and safe to get push-notifications in real time on your Android or Windows mobile device, iPhone, iPad and Desktop!

Mit Pushsafer kann man in Echtzeit, einfach und sicher, Push-Benachrichtigungen auf sein iPhone, iPad, Android oder Windows Gerät sowie auf den Desktop senden lassen!

======================
Google Play
App Store
Windows Store
Homepage
daniele

Notification volume and Location Tracking

Postby daniele » 7. Dec 2020, 10:26

In the android app a way to change the volume of the notification that in my open is very high and I jump on my chairs everytime.

Also a way to not ask the GPS permission as I am just using to receive notifications it will be very nice.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Notification volume and Location Tracking

Postby admin » 7. Dec 2020, 17:09

Hello,

you can deny the permission of Location Tracking! Open Pushsafer APP settings in your preferences and o to privacy!

Here you have an instruction to set the notification volume

https://support.google.com/android/answer/9082609?hl=en

Regards Kevin
Pushsafer DE: Dir gefällt Service und Support! Dann freuen wir uns auf deine Bewertung!
Pushsafer EN: You like Service and Support! Then we look forward to your review!

Pushsafer.com Website - iOS - Android - Windows 10

daniele

Postby daniele » 9. Dec 2020, 09:39

I removed the geolocation permission in that way in android but at every new start of the app there was a notification that was asking to add that permission, so at the end I give those to avoid to get all this alerts but our users are not so smart.

On the volume that is the instruction for the global notification volume, I was saying about the volume of the pushsafer app.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » 9. Dec 2020, 11:16

after denying the permission request, you should get a second alert (location reminder), deny this!

All sounds were adjusted in volume and brought to the same level ertragbares.
What sound you use, i will check it!

Kevin
Pushsafer DE: Dir gefällt Service und Support! Dann freuen wir uns auf deine Bewertung!
Pushsafer EN: You like Service and Support! Then we look forward to your review!

antuss

Postby antuss » 13. Feb 2021, 12:25

Hi, I am new pushsafer user, and have sent my first 'hello world' alert from python to my android phone with success.

I want to use this service to as part of a security system for a remote site, so I want the alerts to wake me up in the middle of the night. As there are so many apps that have too many annoying notification settings I usually leave my phone on silent, full time. But because I am expecting only alerts on a break in I am looking for a way to send a volume level with the alert so that push safer can take my phone out of silent mode and then alert me. It looks like such a function in the API does not currently exist. Could it be added? Settable high volume + sound will do what I need. Alternativly a proper alarm notification may also do this.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » 14. Feb 2021, 11:06

Currently NotificationCompat.Builder for Android provides no parameters for sound volume.
So I think the best way is to provide multiple sound files with a lower, standard and louder volume and a new parameter soundvolume to control the volume.

I will think about it and add this new feature with the next update!

antuss

Postby antuss » 14. Feb 2021, 11:27

Thanks for considering. But that doesnt really solve the problem. If the phone is on silent, or volume very low, then push safer needs to be able to turn silent off and or the volume up.

Maybe there is a hook to trigger an alarm in the OS? I am not sure. Google tells me there are some 3rd party alarm apps on android which can or do alert when the phone is on silent but I am not sure the details.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » 16. Feb 2021, 19:50

Hi again,

today i uploades an update that fixed the problem.
Please leave a feeback after testing the new version 2.9.1!

Kevin

antuss

Postby antuss » 18. Feb 2021, 11:59

Thanks Kevin. I have tried to give the app a test, but I am not sure what to expect.

I am testing on android, and I can see the 16th feb update in the app store. My phone says that it is installed, and the settings/apps says v2.9.1 but the app says 2.8.1 in the preferences page. I have restarted the phone, and killed and restarted the app and the app still reports 2.8.1. Not sure if 2.9.1 still contains the 2.8.1 version string? or a problem with my update?

The app description says I should enable "override do not disturb" for this notification channel. I found in the FAQ here https://www.pushsafer.com/en/faq#answer25 in the section "Sound & vibration in spite of "Do Not Disturb" mode" there is a setting. But in my android version there is no such option. I am on Android 10 on an s9.

I was unaware of DND mode, I was just turning my phone volume right down to vibration to get it to be silent. Perhaps I can use DND instead, if I can find the override option for the app.

I also noticed in the notifications that the sounds all have a 0 padded number as a name with the exception of 9.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210218-221001_Settings.jpg
Screenshot_20210218-221001_Settings.jpg (56.09 KiB) Viewed 4357 times

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » 18. Feb 2021, 19:54

Hi,

can you open a categorie by pressing it?

Unfortunately, Samsung has removed the individual setting for notification categories for third-party APPs.
This also includes other settings, such as your own sounds per category or vibration ...
Screenshot_20210218-205109.jpg
Screenshot_20210218-205109.jpg (33.66 KiB) Viewed 4355 times
Read here:
https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/gal ... -p/2223165

Do you have in your "Do Not Disturb" Setting an option for execptions?

Kevin