IFTT Problem with Connection

Pushsafer make it easy and safe to get push-notifications in real time on your Android or Windows mobile device, iPhone, iPad and Desktop!

Mit Pushsafer kann man in Echtzeit, einfach und sicher, Push-Benachrichtigungen auf sein iPhone, iPad, Android oder Windows Gerät sowie auf den Desktop senden lassen!

======================
Google Play
App Store
Windows Store
Homepage
jdueltgen

IFTT Problem with Connection

Postby jdueltgen » 17. Jul 2020, 06:12

When setting up an IFTTT integration, I receive an error in the final step:

"Review and finish
Step 6 of 6
There is a problem with your Connection
Could not create your Connection. Please try again later."

My account profile shows IFTTT connected and I am able to follow all of the steps in IFTTT Action example (https://www.pushsafer.com/en/ifttt) up until the last step. IFTTT service appears to be working normally as I set up some other actions at about the same time. Tried to set up Pushsafer three times and got the same error each time. Any ideas why this isn't working?

admin
Site Admin

Re: IFTT Problem with Connection

Postby admin » 17. Jul 2020, 10:09

Hi,

i got the same error!
I contacted IFTTT, they have to solve the issue!

Kevin
Pushsafer DE: Dir gefällt Service und Support! Dann freuen wir uns auf deine Bewertung!
Pushsafer EN: You like Service and Support! Then we look forward to your review!

Pushsafer.com Website - iOS - Android - Windows 10

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » 17. Jul 2020, 19:39

here the answer from IFTTT > i will update the IFTTT Pushsafer service soon and set the field title/message not to private. Currently you can use the work around discribed below!

Kevin
Sorry about the error messages your users are seeing when creating Applets!
I've tested it a few times with Pushsafer, creating different Applets (thanks for the great service BTW!) and can confirm this is something we already have logged for the team to address.
What is most likely throwing off the Applets your users try to create is the conflict between the Message/Title action fields being set to private and not allowing ingredients as a result, and IFTTT pre-filling these fields with default values that do contain ingredients. These show up as red when you create a new Applet (I tried Email -> Pushsafer and got the ingredients from email pre-fill the message field, which is set to private and cannot include ingredients as a result).
The fix we want to do from our end is disable pre-filling default values into action fields that are private, but there is no firm ETA on it.
Users can work around the issue by not including ingredients into the message/title fields.
It is worth considering if these fields should be set to private in the context of the service. As a new Pushsafer user I'd definitely want to pass data from the trigger to the Pusgsafer action via ingredients.
What are your thoughts on this? Please let me know if my explanation makes sense or if you have any questions.
Pushsafer DE: Dir gefällt Service und Support! Dann freuen wir uns auf deine Bewertung!
Pushsafer EN: You like Service and Support! Then we look forward to your review!

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » 20. Jul 2020, 19:18

Great news! IFTTT fixed the issue! Now you can add pushsafer as IFTTT action trouble-free.
It tested it by my self.

Regards Kevin