Notification Sound Quiet on Android 8.0 Oreo

Pushsafer make it easy and safe to get push-notifications in real time on your Android or Windows mobile device, iPhone, iPad and Desktop!

Mit Pushsafer kann man in Echtzeit, einfach und sicher, Push-Benachrichtigungen auf sein iPhone, iPad, Android oder Windows Gerät sowie auf den Desktop senden lassen!

======================
Google Play
App Store
Windows Store
Homepage
tdelude

Notification Sound Quiet on Android 8.0 Oreo

Postby tdelude » 17. May 2020, 19:45

The notification sounds are quiet on Android 8.0 Oreo when the app is running in the background or when the screen is turned off. When I open the app to be on the screen, the push notification sounds are full volume. I tried the past couple versions of the app, they have the same problem.

I spent a few hours investigating the issue. I think this may be a bug. I checked all my notification settings and did searches for my device and I didn't see issues elsewhere. I don't have this issue with other apps.

Thanks

admin
Site Admin

Re: Notification Sound Quiet on Android 8.0 Oreo

Postby admin » 18. May 2020, 07:26

Hello,

can you provide some more informations!
- what device you have?
- how you use pushsafer? API, eMail, Link an example call to the pushsafer api
- enabled sound in all notification channels

Kevin
Pushsafer DE: Dir gefällt Service und Support! Dann freuen wir uns auf deine Bewertung!
Pushsafer EN: You like Service and Support! Then we look forward to your review!

Pushsafer.com Website - iOS - Android - Windows 10

tdelude

Postby tdelude » 22. May 2020, 00:00

admin wrote:
18. May 2020, 07:26
Hello,

can you provide some more informations!
- what device you have?
- how you use pushsafer? API, eMail, Link an example call to the pushsafer api
- enabled sound in all notification channels

Kevin
The device is a Moto E5 Plus that was factory restored.

Here is a sample api call I use. I don't use eMail.
www.pushsafer.com/api?k=XXXXX=82&s=17&l ... 20Detected

I endabled sound in all notification channels.

I made sure to set the notification importance to Urgent.

Even when the notification channel is set to "default notification sound" it is quiet. This does not happen with other apps using that sound for notifications.

tdelude

Postby tdelude » 22. May 2020, 04:55

I decided to sit down today and really solve this problem.

I tested it on three different E5 Plus model phones. Only one phone is manifesting this problem. They have all been factory restored and the same setup process has been run on them. The security patches are not matching, though. One is from 2018 and the other two are from 2020. I doubt that would cause this issue. But it's possible there's some sort of factory update pushed to the "broken" phone?

I wonder if it has a damaged speaker? But that doesn't seem to explain why it's less loud when the app is in the background, but louder when it is the on screen process. Maybe it's possible there are multiple speakers and the audio for the sleeping notification is only playing on one that is damaged? That's the only thing I can possibly think of. I'm not an Android expert. The audio quality sounds good. It is just low volume.

I don't expect you to know this but maybe it will help in some way. Do you know if sleeping phone notifications are sometimes played through a different speaker than when the app is the foreground running process?

Thank you for your time. I appreciate your app.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » 22. May 2020, 09:26

i dont think the phone has two speakers.

Take a look in the sound settings of your phone > maybe there is a mistake
Zwischenablage01.jpg
Zwischenablage01.jpg (24.44 KiB) Viewed 5095 times
Pushsafer DE: Dir gefällt Service und Support! Dann freuen wir uns auf deine Bewertung!
Pushsafer EN: You like Service and Support! Then we look forward to your review!

tdelude

Postby tdelude » 22. May 2020, 13:50

Thanks. I checked those settings many times. They are good. It must be a bug within the phone.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » 22. May 2020, 16:36

tdelude wrote:
22. May 2020, 13:50
Thanks. I checked those settings many times. They are good. It must be a bug within the phone.
Please leave a feedback, if you solved the issue!

Kevin