Make it ring?

Pushsafer make it easy and safe to get push-notifications in real time on your Android or Windows mobile device, iPhone, iPad and Desktop!

Mit Pushsafer kann man in Echtzeit, einfach und sicher, Push-Benachrichtigungen auf sein iPhone, iPad, Android oder Windows Gerät sowie auf den Desktop senden lassen!

======================
Google Play
App Store
Windows Store
Homepage
xrstokes

Make it ring?

Postby xrstokes » 11. May 2017, 00:42

I love this app. It was really hard to find, but being a windows phone user meant I really needed it. I've tipped the a few windows forums and hope they will review it. There is one feature that would make it awesome for me though. I really would like to be able to make the notification play for like 30seconds or more. I've got these really important emails that I forward to the app to get notified about. I need an alert that will vibrate like, 20 times and play sounds for a while. I just can't miss them damn emails. Is this possible to do?

Thanks

admin
Site Admin

Re: Make it ring?

Postby admin » 11. May 2017, 08:49

Hi xrstokes,

i have added a new feature to the pushsafer dashboard > https://www.pushsafer.com/en/dashboard.

Now you can enable the option "Loop sound" for Windows 10 devices.
Is enabled > sound should repeat as long as the notification is shown.
Press the edit button next your WIN10 device.

The developer has no influence on vibration.

Hope this helps.
Kevin
audioloop.jpg
audioloop.jpg (22.9 KiB) Viewed 15883 times
Pushsafer DE: Dir gefällt Service und Support! Dann freuen wir uns auf deine Bewertung!
Pushsafer EN: You like Service and Support! Then we look forward to your review!

Pushsafer.com Website - iOS - Android - Windows 10

xrstokes

Postby xrstokes » 11. May 2017, 08:56

Awesome. I can't believe I'm the first person to ask for this. I hope it helps sell your platform. I'm excited about how I might be able to use it with the GHI products I deploy.

Good Luck,

Thanks Again!

xrstokes

Postby xrstokes » 17. May 2017, 04:05

OK, I'm almost there. But I've got a few little bugs still left to iron out. When I email my email alias the sound is always the default, even when I change it to those military trumpets to wake me up.
The second bug I can't nail down, when I get the important emails I need to wake up for, I've tried setting up a rule to forward it to my email alias and a colleague, but it doesn't work. It gets forwarded to my colleague but never arrives at pushsafer. So I know the rule is triggered, but doesn't appear to get received by the server to trigger the alarm. Here is the weird part though. If I go to my emails and forward it manually to my email alias. It works? Do you have any ideas how I can narrow this down.

Thanks

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » 17. May 2017, 07:38

Hi,

no bugs found, I tested all platforms (iOS, Win10 and Android).
All devices play the sound defined in the alias.

What device you have? Do you set up the ALIAS correctly?

Kevin
Pushsafer DE: Dir gefällt Service und Support! Dann freuen wir uns auf deine Bewertung!
Pushsafer EN: You like Service and Support! Then we look forward to your review!

xrstokes

Postby xrstokes » 19. May 2017, 03:58

OK, I've nailed down the second problem. If your using Hotmail, and try to forward an email that has already been forwarded once already, it wont. The solution was to get the email sent to the api from the source address. Sorry that I hadn't figured that out yet.
I'm using windows phone 10 and a windows pc, I have sound loop turned on. maybe it's windows overriding the sound? Anyway, please don't waste any time on it. It's working good enough as is. You've really saved my bacon on this one.

Thanks heaps.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » 19. Oct 2019, 22:57

For this you should use the parameter re = retry
https://www.pushsafer.com/en/pushapi_ext#API-RE

With the retry / resend Parameter re, a message will be resent after a certain time (60-10800 seconds, 60's steps). Resending can be stopped by opening the message in the Client APP or on the Pushsafer website or using the parameter ex. Each resending requires an API call!

Kevin

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » 20. Oct 2019, 19:23

Hi,

on android you can change the notification volume seperatly!

here is an instruction:
https://www.guidingtech.com/separate-ri ... e-android/

Kevin