Xiaomi Redmi 4: App has to be load to receive notifications

Pushsafer make it easy and safe to get push-notifications in real time on your Android or Windows mobile device, iPhone, iPad and Desktop!

Mit Pushsafer kann man in Echtzeit, einfach und sicher, Push-Benachrichtigungen auf sein iPhone, iPad, Android oder Windows Gerät sowie auf den Desktop senden lassen!

======================
Google Play
App Store
Windows Store
Homepage
admin
Site Admin

Xiaomi Redmi 4: App has to be load to receive notifications

Postby admin » 12. Apr 2017, 09:10

I'am using Pushsafer for a surveillance camera. I have noticed that I only receive notifications when the app is running. If I clean all the apps to save memory, no notification is received although I get an OK (log bellow) I send a notification:

RESPONSE:

Code: Select all

{"status":1,"success":"message transmitted","available":{"####":{"####":"####"},"####":{"####":"####"}}}
My destination device is the following:
Xiaomi Redmi 4
Miui Global 8.0
Android 6.0.1

I had a similar issue with Telegram app but I fixed it configuring the app as "no save battery protection". I have done the same with Pushsafer and I have activated all the notifications options without success.
Looking into apps/services running on my smartphone I can't find any service related to Pushsafer when I shutdown de app.

So, my question is: is this behaviour expected? My understanding is you don't need the app running to receive notifications when using Google Cloud Messaging.

From a an Pushsafer user
Pushsafer DE: Dir gefällt Service und Support! Dann freuen wir uns auf deine Bewertung!
Pushsafer EN: You like Service and Support! Then we look forward to your review!

Pushsafer.com Website - iOS - Android - Windows 10

admin
Site Admin

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 4: App has to be load to receive notifications

Postby admin » 12. Apr 2017, 09:13

Answer
I forgot the "Auto-start" permission
  • Go to "Security" >> "Permission" >> "Auto-start Management" >> add auto-start apps
After including PushSafer within the apps allowed to auto-start and reboot my phone I can receive notifications without de app running.
Pushsafer DE: Dir gefällt Service und Support! Dann freuen wir uns auf deine Bewertung!
Pushsafer EN: You like Service and Support! Then we look forward to your review!

Pushsafer.com Website - iOS - Android - Windows 10