No Message or Device ID in API Log

Pushsafer make it easy and safe to get push-notifications in real time on your Android or Windows mobile device, iPhone, iPad and Desktop!

Mit Pushsafer kann man in Echtzeit, einfach und sicher, Push-Benachrichtigungen auf sein iPhone, iPad, Android oder Windows Gerät sowie auf den Desktop senden lassen!

======================
Google Play
App Store
Windows Store
Homepage
demgmbh

No Message or Device ID in API Log

Postby demgmbh » 4. May 2023, 04:59

Hi @all!
In my API Log I can see that there are >100 Messages send to the same Device late in the afternoon.
Since im shure that there was no Message send to that device from my side I'm confused what those
API calls are. Espacially since there is no entry for "Message ID | Device ID".
If it is a glitch it is an expensive one :|
Attachments
PushSafer.PNG
Screenshot-API-Log
PushSafer.PNG (47.29 KiB) Viewed 12396 times

admin
Site Admin

Re: No Message or Device ID in API Log

Postby admin » 4. May 2023, 06:37

Hi,

thats not a glitch. The API Log entries without message ids are resended message. I see that you have 5 messages that resendet up to 130 times.

In future i will display resended messages in the api log better.

Regards Kevin
Pushsafer DE: Dir gefällt Service und Support! Dann freuen wir uns auf deine Bewertung!
Pushsafer EN: You like Service and Support! Then we look forward to your review!

Pushsafer.com Website - iOS - Android - Windows 10

holtiman

Postby holtiman » 5. Aug 2023, 04:53

Hi Kevin.
I've had the exact same problem, but I had 19000 retries over a couple of days (for what looks like a single message).
The API log page could not even handle displaying the webpage page because it timed out on any device/browser that I used.

I have a few questions to avoid this happening again.
  1. - Is there a way to know which message is being retried, so that I can open/cancel it?
  2. - Why would a message be sent that many times. The API documentation says that retries are in increments of 60s and the expire max time is 10800 seconds, so that should only be 180 retries.
  3. - If no expire or retries parameters are passed, what is the behaviour? Maximum expire/no expire? No retries if no 'retry' paramater is sent?
  4. - Can I get generate a new API key, so that at least whatever sent the message can't send another, and I can also use that to identify which device/process sent the messaage because it will fail?

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » 6. Aug 2023, 08:58

holtiman wrote:
5. Aug 2023, 04:53
I've had the exact same problem, but I had 19000 retries over a couple of days (for what looks like a single message).
The API log page could not even handle displaying the webpage page because it timed out on any device/browser that I used.
This i will fix as soon as possible
- Is there a way to know which message is being retried, so that I can open/cancel it?
open the app on the device or the message list of the device on the pushsafer dashboard stops resending messages using the parameter resend/expire and/or confirm.

How often a message was resent, you can see in the app or on the website (open the message)
Bildschirmfoto 2023-08-06 um 10.51.44.png
Bildschirmfoto 2023-08-06 um 10.51.44.png (128.24 KiB) Viewed 12151 times
Why would a message be sent that many times. The API documentation says that retries are in increments of 60s and the expire max time is 10800 seconds, so that should only be 180 retries.
Thats correct
If no expire or retries parameters are passed, what is the behaviour? Maximum expire/no expire? No retries if no 'retry' paramater is sent?
Than the message will not resent
Can I get generate a new API key, so that at least whatever sent the message can't send another, and I can also use that to identify which device/process sent the messaage because it will fail?
yes you can do it here, at the bottom of this page:
https://www.pushsafer.com/profile

Regards Kevin
Pushsafer DE: Dir gefällt Service und Support! Dann freuen wir uns auf deine Bewertung!
Pushsafer EN: You like Service and Support! Then we look forward to your review!

Pushsafer.com Website - iOS - Android - Windows 10