Question about guest-device

Pushsafer make it easy and safe to get push-notifications in real time on your Android or Windows mobile device, iPhone, iPad and Desktop!

Mit Pushsafer kann man in Echtzeit, einfach und sicher, Push-Benachrichtigungen auf sein iPhone, iPad, Android oder Windows Gerät sowie auf den Desktop senden lassen!

======================
Google Play
App Store
Windows Store
Homepage
KevinC

Question about guest-device

Postby KevinC » 21. Feb 2022, 22:14

Hello.
first of all, to the developer, thanks for such a great notification system.
I use it a lot around my home.

I have a question about using guest notifications.
so my use-case is I am looking after a CCTV system for a charity to secure some property's that are closed up during the pandemic.
we use volunteers to view the camera feeds remotely, but I also want to send notifications when there are alerts in case they are missed.
so I wanted to get each volunteer to download pushsafer and use the QR code to register a guest-device, (set up in a device group.) then they could just login on the app on there phone to get notifications when on shift and log out when finished.
but during testing I have realised that even when a device is logged off a notification still gets sent to the device, and reduces the number of API calls left, even if the device doesn't receive it.

so if I have, say, 30 guest devices listed, they will all be counted as receiving notifications, and use 30 API calls, even if only one device is actually logged in on the app?
I know I can disable and re-enable devices in the devices list as needed, but I am trying to set up something that doesn't need a lot of my input all the time!
do I have that right?

thanks
KevinC

admin
Site Admin

Re: Question about guest-device

Postby admin » 22. Feb 2022, 09:23

Hi KevinC,

logout do not mean to cancel the receiving of notifications!
So today you have to disable the dviec for receiving notification.

But i will notice you issue to my ToDo list! With the next update i add the followig future!

After logging out, I will ask the user whether they want to continue receiving messages or not!
If not, the device will be deactivated!

Kevin
Pushsafer DE: Dir gefällt Service und Support! Dann freuen wir uns auf deine Bewertung!
Pushsafer EN: You like Service and Support! Then we look forward to your review!

Pushsafer.com Website - iOS - Android - Windows 10

KevinC

Re: Question about guest-device

Postby KevinC » 22. Feb 2022, 12:07

Thanks for a quick response.
that would be a great solution.
thank you very much.

I look forward to the update.

KevinC