Giphy parameter not working

Pushsafer make it easy and safe to get push-notifications in real time on your Android or Windows mobile device, iPhone, iPad and Desktop!

Mit Pushsafer kann man in Echtzeit, einfach und sicher, Push-Benachrichtigungen auf sein iPhone, iPad, Android oder Windows Gerät sowie auf den Desktop senden lassen!

======================
Google Play
App Store
Windows Store
Homepage
nl-setechnical

Giphy parameter not working

Postby nl-setechnical » 11. Aug 2021, 17:06

I am trying to use the giphy parameter to play a little clip when I push a notification to my users. This is the URL that I have constructed:

POST https://www.pushsafer.com/api?k=<MY-KEY ... geNt4pwyh9

The notification comes to my device and causes a sound to play, but it does not resolve to any giphy clip - it just says "This content is not available".

However, using the giphy handle to build a giphy URL does result in a valid giphy: https://giphy.com/embed/hdLWaVK5geNt4pwyh9.

See attached files for screenshots...
Attachments
pushsafer-failed-giphy.JPG
pushsafer-failed-giphy.JPG (22.57 KiB) Viewed 15851 times
pushsafer-giphy-msg-in-app.JPG
pushsafer-giphy-msg-in-app.JPG (24.07 KiB) Viewed 15851 times
pushsafer-giphy-msg-in-app.JPG
pushsafer-giphy-msg-in-app.JPG (24.07 KiB) Viewed 15851 times

admin
Site Admin

Re: Giphy parameter not working

Postby admin » 11. Aug 2021, 17:33

for me it works fine!
giphy-test.jpg
giphy-test.jpg (39.15 KiB) Viewed 15845 times
How you post the message to pushsafer, programming language > script example
Pushsafer DE: Dir gefällt Service und Support! Dann freuen wir uns auf deine Bewertung!
Pushsafer EN: You like Service and Support! Then we look forward to your review!

Pushsafer.com Website - iOS - Android - Windows 10

nl-setechnical

Postby nl-setechnical » 11. Aug 2021, 20:36

Hi, I am using a webhook.
Attachments
pushsafer-webhook-postman.JPG
pushsafer-webhook-postman.JPG (99.25 KiB) Viewed 15822 times

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » 11. Aug 2021, 21:33

Please try again! There was an error in GET receipt of the Giphy parameter

Kevin
Pushsafer DE: Dir gefällt Service und Support! Dann freuen wir uns auf deine Bewertung!
Pushsafer EN: You like Service and Support! Then we look forward to your review!

nl-setechnical

Postby nl-setechnical » 17. Aug 2021, 16:37

I'm very confused why you said there was an error in the GET receipt of the Giphy parameter, since it says: "status": "message transmitted" and Status: 200 OK. Anyways, I didn't change anything, and then it started sending it sometimes, and sometimes not. And, now, I see that I have received a message on my computer, but the notification never plays (in the corner of the screen). Is there a setting that got turned off on my desktop, so that the notifications don't show?
Attachments
pushsafer-message-list-but-no-corner-notification.JPG
pushsafer-message-list-but-no-corner-notification.JPG (88.68 KiB) Viewed 15794 times

nl-setechnical

Postby nl-setechnical » 17. Aug 2021, 17:16

So, the giphys send to the other members of my team and the notifications play for them. They always get the corner notifications, although the giphys sometimes don't show in them.

But, for my device, I only get the corner notification if the giphy parameter is absent.

This works for me:
https://www.pushsafer.com/api?k=xxxxxxx ... st&d=a&v=1

This never works for me, but works for the rest of my team:
https://www.pushsafer.com/api?k=xxxxxxx ... GXoqfDBT9e

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » 17. Aug 2021, 20:17

nl-setechnical wrote:
17. Aug 2021, 16:37
I'm very confused why you said there was an error in the GET receipt of the Giphy parameter, since it says: "status": "message transmitted" and Status: 200 OK. Anyways, I didn't change anything, and then it started sending it sometimes, and sometimes not. And, now, I see that I have received a message on my computer, but the notification never plays (in the corner of the screen). Is there a setting that got turned off on my desktop, so that the notifications don't show?
the issue was on pushsafer side and is fixed since my last post.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » 17. Aug 2021, 20:19

nl-setechnical wrote:
17. Aug 2021, 17:16
So, the giphys send to the other members of my team and the notifications play for them. They always get the corner notifications, although the giphys sometimes don't show in them.

But, for my device, I only get the corner notification if the giphy parameter is absent.

This works for me:
https://www.pushsafer.com/api?k=xxxxxxx ... st&d=a&v=1

This never works for me, but works for the rest of my team:
https://www.pushsafer.com/api?k=xxxxxxx ... GXoqfDBT9e
What device you use? I know that iOS gives the client device only 10 seconds to load an image from a push-notification otherwise the image will be dropped. Try an Giphy with smaller filesize.

Kevin

nl-setechnical

Postby nl-setechnical » 19. Aug 2021, 19:03

I am using a Windows 10 Pro desktop. I tried to reboot, but it still didn't work after the reboot.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » 19. Aug 2021, 21:06

nl-setechnical wrote:
19. Aug 2021, 19:03
I am using a Windows 10 Pro desktop. I tried to reboot, but it still didn't work after the reboot.
Works also on WIN10 machines
Zwischenablage01.jpg
Zwischenablage01.jpg (95.71 KiB) Viewed 15775 times