Missed Notifications

Pushsafer make it easy and safe to get push-notifications in real time on your Android or Windows mobile device, iPhone, iPad and Desktop!

Mit Pushsafer kann man in Echtzeit, einfach und sicher, Push-Benachrichtigungen auf sein iPhone, iPad, Android oder Windows Gerät sowie auf den Desktop senden lassen!

======================
Google Play
App Store
Windows Store
Homepage
Heathy65

Missed Notifications

Postby Heathy65 » 31. Jan 2017, 10:52

How are missed notifications handled.

For example if I send a group notification and both target devices are off/unavailable will the message appear when they are on/available?

Also are group notifications independent? So I send a message to a Windows 10 PC and an iPhone. That person is out so they see the message on their iPhone straight away. When they get back to their PC later will they see that "old" message again?

My thinking is how to avoid old messages.

Also there doesn't seem to be a timestamp on messages (unless that's actually added in the message itself).

admin
Site Admin

Re: Missed Notifications

Postby admin » 31. Jan 2017, 12:30

How are missed notifications handled.

For example if I send a group notification and both target devices are off/unavailable will the message appear when they are on/available?
If devices are inactive, messages are not delivered as push-notification and also not displayed in the app.
Also are group notifications independent? So I send a message to a Windows 10 PC and an iPhone. That person is out so they see the message on their iPhone straight away. When they get back to their PC later will they see that "old" message again?
My thinking is how to avoid old messages.
Push Notifications are delivered as soon as the device can receive them, ie, the device must be switched on and there must be a connection to the Internet, but the api save them to the server for later reading.
Also there doesn't seem to be a timestamp on messages (unless that's actually added in the message itself).
From the OS the push-notification gets an timestamp itself. In the app you see the date/time, when the message arrives the pushsafer api for processing.

I hope this helps you.
Kevin
Pushsafer DE: Dir gefällt Service und Support! Dann freuen wir uns auf deine Bewertung!
Pushsafer EN: You like Service and Support! Then we look forward to your review!

Pushsafer.com Website - iOS - Android - Windows 10

Heathy65

Re: Missed Notifications

Postby Heathy65 » 31. Jan 2017, 12:36

Thanks for the clarification Kevin