How to stop sound receiving message on unlocked phone?

Pushsafer make it easy and safe to get push-notifications in real time on your Android or Windows mobile device, iPhone, iPad and Desktop!

Mit Pushsafer kann man in Echtzeit, einfach und sicher, Push-Benachrichtigungen auf sein iPhone, iPad, Android oder Windows Gerät sowie auf den Desktop senden lassen!

======================
Google Play
App Store
Windows Store
Homepage
24fun-push

How to stop sound receiving message on unlocked phone?

Postby 24fun-push » 6. Dec 2022, 12:09

On my Android I find no way to stop the sound, once a message is received. Let me explain in detail:

If I receive a message, and the phone is locked, the soudn stops on unlocking it.

If I receive a message, and the phone is unlocked, the sound is playing and I have found no possibility to stop it! It plays until it is over.

What am I doing wrong here?

liverydunbird

Re: How to stop sound receiving message on unlocked phone?

Postby liverydunbird » 16. Jul 2024, 07:47

To stop notification sounds on your Android device when the phone is unlocked:
1. Use the volume buttons to lower or mute the notification volume.
2. Swipe down from the top of the screen and adjust the volume slider.
3. Check the app's notification settings to disable or adjust sound notifications.
4. Consider enabling Do Not Disturb mode temporarily to suppress all notifications.
If you've tried these steps and still can't stop notification sounds once they start playing, there may be a specific issue with your device or app settings that requires further investigation. In such cases, consulting with your device manufacturer's support or the app developer's support team may provide additional troubleshooting steps tailored to your device and software version.

boyfriendmelons

Re: How to stop sound receiving message on unlocked phone?

Postby boyfriendmelons » 22. Jul 2024, 02:03

24fun-push wrote:
6. Dec 2022, 12:09
On my Android I find no way to stop the sound, once a message is received. Let me explain in detail:

If I receive a message, and the phone is locked, the soudn stops on unlocking it.

If I receive a message, and the phone is unlocked, the sound is playing and I have found no possibility to stop it! It plays until it is over.

What am I doing wrong here?snow rider
Open Settings:

Go to Settings on your Android phone.
Sound and Notification:

Navigate to Sound & vibration (this could be labeled differently depending on your phone model, such as Sounds and notifications).
App Notifications:

Find Notifications or App notifications.
Locate the app that is causing the notification sound issue.
Notification Sound:

Check the notification sound settings for that app. You can usually adjust the length or type of sound played for notifications.